What Personal Information About Customers Does SidRichardsonMuseum.org Gather?
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SidRichardsonMuseum.org. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at SidRichardsonMuseum.org if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
* E-mail Communications: If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, email email@example.com.
* Information from Other Sources: We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as automatic login, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
* The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of SidRichardsonMuseum.org's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on. Cookies placed by SidRichardsonMuseum.org cannot be read by any other website.
Does SidRichardsonMuseum.org Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Our customer information is only available for use by those employed by the Sid Richardson Museum.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
SidRichardsonMuseum.org gives you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
* Your Account
* Account Maintenance
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase online.
* You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "What Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of SidRichardsonMuseum.org, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
SidRichardsonMuseum.org does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use SidRichardsonMuseum.org only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit SidRichardsonMuseum.org, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Texas. If you have any concern about privacy at SidRichardsonMuseum.org, please send us a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order ; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; share information with friends via email. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and phone number; e-mail addresses of friends and other people; content e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; phone number used to call us.